5 Reasons Yas Island Is the Top Foodie Staycation Spot This 2021 and Beyond
For UAE food lovers looking for an ideal staycation spot, Yas Island is going to be hard to beat. Where else are dozens of superb restaurants combined with three theme parks, world-class shopping, lots more action-packed activities and luxury accommodation? All within a short drive of each other, too.
Welcome to Yas Island! We’re going to tell you about many of the most popular restaurants and the best Yas Island hotels, as well as a very special offer for foodies.
1 Yas Island is home to leading fine dining destinations.
With a reputation for the very best hospitality, it should be no surprise that Yas Island is home to some of the region's most exceptional restaurants. You can look forward to savouring the finest delicacies served in beautifully curated surroundings. All these restaurants are perfect for celebrating a special occasion or for spoiling your companions.
- Attention to detail, stylish decor and the most sublime cuts of beef from around the globe set Blue Grill steakhouse at Yas Island Rotana Hotel Golf Plaza apart from the rest.
- Cipriani at Yas Marina serves exquisite Italian cuisine. Venetian and classic Italian dishes are created using fresh ingredients flown in directly from Italian farms.
- Angar, situated in the iconic W Abu Dhabi Yas Island hotel, showcases Indian delicacies.
2 Yas Island offers the best of regional cuisine.
Restaurants specialising in the very best of Middle-Eastern cuisine have also made their home at Yas Island. Here are two very popular examples. There are also several excellent international restaurants (see below) that serve regional cuisines alongside global dishes.
- Al Fanar is a popular choice and is ideally located for visitors to both Yas Mall and Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. The decor is charmingly rustic and seafood is the star of the show, although meat and vegetarian dishes are also excellent.
- Barouk Lebanese restaurant at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi is known for its lively ambience and live music as well as delicious food.
3 Food from all around the world can be enjoyed here.
It’s hard to believe the range of cuisines available in such a small area. Yas Island is truly a cultural melting pot for food lovers. Here are just a few examples of exceptional international cuisine.
- Diablito is a Mediterranean escape in the heart of Yas Marina. Enjoy a relaxed meal of authentic tapas, pinxos or pizza and incredible rooftop sunset views.
- At Garage in W Abu Dhabi Yas Island, you can take your pick from multiple international cuisines. The menu offers a meat vault, Mezza bar, Nikkei house and tart van. This is also the perfect spot for leisurely grazing at their popular brunch.
- Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana serves stylish and modern Indian cuisine as well as gives a very warm welcome.
- MATSU is a beautiful, highly authentic Japanese restaurant focusing on the best of traditional Japanese cuisine.
4 Yas Marina offers some of the most stylish dining choices around.
Aside from excellent food, Yas Marina’s restaurants offer exceptional views and a lively, sophisticated atmosphere. Here are just two options from many more in the area, some of which are included in other sections of this list.
- Iris has a chilled, artisan vibe and is a popular post-work hangout for locals. The food is contemporary and international, with dishes like ceviche and sushi, and there are incredible cocktails, too.
- Elegant seafood restaurant Aquarium offers the finest waterside views as well as the freshest catches of the day.
5 For casual dining for all the family, Yas Island has it all.
If you need a relaxed dining experience as a pit stop or to round off a day of fun with your family, then Yas Island has the perfect place for you. All these restaurants are fun and friendly, and they offer the tastiest foods to please all the family.
- Stills Restaurant and Bar at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi Yas Island is home to some of Abu Dhabi’s best ‘pub style’ food, including pies, clubs sandwiches and chips. If you are in town on Friday, don’t miss their fun BBQ brunch.
- Stars n Bars at Yas Marina is an American style sports bar concept born in Monte Carlo. The arcade games and foosball tables make it a great place to relax with friends and family. The menu features all your casual favourites from around the world, including burgers and fish and chips.
- At Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, The Starlight is a fun Hollywood, art deco-themed family restaurant offering full table service and international cuisine.
- Graphos Social Kitchen at HIlton Abu Dhabi Yas Island aims to connect people through food and its stories. The menu is fun, flavourful and very international.
Where to stay
Yas Island has an incredible collection of hotels, from 5-star luxury to more budget-friendly options. You can base yourself in Yas Marina, nearby Yas Mall, or enjoy unspoiled ocean views. You’ll find that many of the best restaurants listed here are hotel-based, meaning world-class cuisine may just be steps away from your hotel room. But whichever hotel you opt for, all of Yas Island’s restaurants and entertainment choices will be in easy reach.
Right now, Yas Island offers the perfect opportunity for food lovers. The Half-Board Flex dining experience gives you the chance to enjoy a three-course meal, inclusive of your hotel price, at one of 30 Yas Island restaurants. To find out more about current Yas Island offers, explore our site or call one of our friendly representatives today.
Getting To Yas island
Yas Express is our complimentary shuttle bus service that can get you to any of the major island attractions. For more information, timetable and map, download the pocket guide or call +971 (0) 600 511115.
- To Yas Island:
- Boarding spots are available at the Deira City Center entrance (beside Aloft Hotel) and Ibn Battuta Mall, Parking 7 stop (right in front of the China Court section).
- Within Yas Island:
- The shuttle service bus can take guests to any of the major island attractions.
- Air travel to Yas Island
- If you're coming from outside the UAE, aim to land in Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH), as it is located just 10 minutes away from Yas Island.
- Rental car to Yas Island
- From Abu Dhabi International Airport, you can rent a car. All car rental offices operate 24/7
- Connect to the Wi-Fi at Abu Dhabi International Airport and book an Uber or Careem via their apps.
- Taxis to Yas Island
- You can take a taxi to Yas Island from Abu Dhabi International Airport (10 minutes), Abu Dhabi (25 minutes), and Dubai (45 minutes). To get a taxi, you can flag them down at the roadside, call the TransAD hotline 600 535353 to book, or use the Abu Dhabi Taxi app available for both iOS and Android platforms. Taxis are plentiful and fares are reasonable.
- From Abu Dhabi:
- Board the 102 Bus Route to Yas Island at the Abu Dhabi Bus Station next to Al Wahda Mall.
- From Dubai:
- Travel to the Dubai Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to ride to the Abu Dhabi Bus Station, then board the 102 Bus Route to Yas Island.