The Yas Island Bucket List for Thrill Seekers & Adventure Junkies
With over 9.7 square metres of land, Yas Island is the ultimate leisure, recreation, and entertainment destination in Abu Dhabi.
The island is home to some of the most well-known attractions, hotels, resorts, and restaurants, making it the perfect destination for everyone looking for the right mix of rest, relaxation, fun, adventure, and indulgence.
Yas Island for Adventure and Thrill Seekers
If engaging in thrilling, adrenaline-filled activities is your idea of a holiday or getaway, you won’t be disappointed by the different Yas Island packages you can choose from.
Yas Island has several attractions that will give you plenty of adrenaline-pumping activities, more than enough to satisfy your search for adventure and thrill-seeking needs.
But which adventures and thrilling activities on Yas Island should be on your bucket list? Below are the four ones that should be on top of it:
1. Enjoy thrilling rides and slides in Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi.
Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi should be your first destination if you want to spend the day getting soaked, refreshed, and trying out different heart-pumping water rides, slides, and other attractions.
You will find over 40 water slides, rides, and attractions in Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, several of them considered the most thrilling in the country and the world.
- Bandit Bomber - the world’s only suspended water park rollercoaster.
- Bubbles Barrel – currently the largest surfing sheet wave on the planet.
- Dawwama - the biggest six-person tornado water coaster in the world.
- Liwa Loop – the UAE’s first freefall drop water slide.
Hamlool’s Humps, Jebel Drop, Sebag, Slithers Slide, and Yadi Yas are other must-try attractions that won’t fail to get your heart pounding.
2. Break speed limits at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
Like Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi also features a number of record-breaking rides that will fill your need for speed and adventure.
Its most adrenaline-pumping rides include:
- Formula Rossa - the fastest roller coaster on the planet reaches heart-thumping speeds of 150 miles per hour (mph) in 4.9 seconds.
- Flying Aces – this ride holds the record for having the highest roller coaster loop on the planet. The train also has a maximum speed of 75 mph.
- Fiorano GT Challenge – the steel duelling roller coaster takes you on a race around a .67-mile-long track full of twists and turns. The Ferrari F430 Spider-inspired trains can go as fast as 59 mph.
- Turbo Track – this exciting ride takes you on a 64-metre twisted vertical spike that passes through the roof of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and has a maximum speed of over 63 mph.
Aside from these, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi also has kids’ rides and attractions designed to provide plenty of over-the-top thrills, such as the Turbo Tower and Speedway Race.
3. Experience being a pro racing driver at Yas Marina Circuit.
If you want to take things up a notch and feel the thrill of being an F1 driver or professional drift driver, head to the Yas Marina Circuit.
Yas Marina Circuit offers several driving experiences designed to give you the thrill of a lifetime as you go around the world-famous racing track.
Some cars you can take out for a spin on the track are:
- Formula Yas 300 – the closest thing to a Formula One car you can drive, this vehicle has a V6 Jaguar engine and a top speed of 170 mph.
- Ferrari 458 GT- with 570 bhp horsepower, V8 engine, and a top speed of 205 mph, you’ll enjoy every minute as you go flat out on the circuit and feel the true power of a Ferrari racing car.
- Aston Martin GT4 – this V8 engine-powered car can go as fast as 186 mph as you conquer the tricky North Corkscrew track of the Yas Marina Circuit.
- Caterham Seven – if you’re a fan of old Lotus cars, take out this Ford Duratec-powered vehicle for a 10-minute drive and floor it to get the top speed of 146 mph.
You will be given a briefing before taking out your choice of car to ensure you follow the right driving and racing techniques safety protocols.
If you don’t want to get behind the wheel, you can opt for the Passenger Experience, where you can ride shotgun in your preferred race car while a professional driver takes you around the track.
You can also try drifting, drag racing, and karting to experience driving other types of cars in the renowned circuit.
4. Conquer the heights at CLYMB Abu Dhabi.
If you’re into hiking and wall climbing, CLYMB Abu Dhabi can give you the adventure you’re looking for.
CLYMB Abu Dhabi has the tallest indoor and first multi-pitch climbing wall in the world. It is 141 feet tall, with 13 different routes to conquer.
This recreational centre also has other climbing walls that cater to people with beginner, intermediate, and advanced skills and experiences.
Another adrenaline-pumping activity you have to try in CLYMB Abu Dhabi is skydiving in the world’s tallest and widest indoor skydiving flight chamber.
The chamber has a height of 104 feet and a width of 32 feet.
With the right Yas Island travel package, you can unleash your adventurous, thrill-seeking side and have fun on your next holiday here.
Visit our website to know more about Yas Island’s exciting offers.