5 Reasons Why Yas Island Is the Perfect Place to Relax and Unwind
Clear blue waters and pristine white sand are the perfect backdrops for the relaxing holiday you’ve always dreamed of.
Add in luxurious accommodation and a fantastic assortment of activities and food and beverage options and you’ll get enough rest and relaxation with beneficial effects that will last for weeks.
Whether you want to reward yourself with a quick getaway to escape the stress at work or start planning your next long holiday with your partner, Yas Beach in Yas Island Abu Dhabi is your ideal destination.
In fact, Yas Island as a whole is the best place in Abu Dhabi to relax and unwind because of the following reasons:
1. It has a serene, picturesque beach.
With its signature white powdery sand and clear blue waters, dwelling on your worries will be the last thing you want to do in Yas Beach in Yas Island Abu Dhabi.
Yas Beach is the perfect spot to get some much-needed R&R. The picturesque setting won’t fail to get you in the right mindset as you go sunbathing, swimming or floating on the peaceful, cool waters.
Yas Beach is also an amazing place for watching stunning sunsets, which is one of the most relaxing activities you can do in Abu Dhabi.
The beachside cabanas and chalets here also offer guests a cool, luxurious respite from the heat.
Yas Beach also boasts a mangrove forest, which you can explore by going kayaking – one of the most fun yet relaxing activities around. The beautiful trees, clear and calm waters, and serene and untouched natural surroundings will help you unwind and calm your mind.
2. There are several beautiful pools to choose from.
Aside from the stunning beach, there are also a lot of swimming pools in Yas Island.
For one, Yas Beach has one of the most beautiful pools on the island. Its infinity pool boasts the clearest, coolest water and an amazing view of the ocean.
It is also surrounded by cabanas perfect for soaking up the sun and enjoying spectacular views of the beach.
Yas Island’s many hotels and resorts are also home to some of the most stunning outdoor and indoor swimming pools.
Al Raha Beach Hotel has one of the biggest outdoor pools in Abu Dhabi. The pool area is surrounded by palm trees, fabulous landscaping, and other features that will delight your eyes.
Saadiyat Rotana Resort and Villas also has a magnificent beachfront outdoor swimming pool perfect for quick dips and longer swims.
Whichever hotel or resort you choose to stay in Yas Island, you’ll have access to a pool where you can relax, unwind and cool down in between your island adventures.
3. It has a variety of spa and relaxation offerings.
Aside from pools, Yas Island’s various hotels and resorts have a vast array of spa facilities, services, and treatments.
From massages and saunas to facial, body, nail, and other aesthetic treatments, you can take a day or two out of your trip just to pamper yourself.
With these treatments, you’ll be able to relax, de-stress, and re-energise. And whatever way you decide to pamper yourself, you will feel better inside and out after you visit a spa or wellness centre.
Some of the best spa facilities on Yas Island are:
- eforea Spa at Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island
- Senses Spa
- Spa at Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort
- Spa at W Abu Dhabi
- Zen the Spa at Rotana
4. You can enjoy world-class dining experiences.
Yas Island is home to numerous restaurants and cafes, many of which are the best in Abu Dhabi. As such, this is the best place to head to if indulging in a variety of delectable eats is your idea of relaxing and unwinding.
Some of the must-try dining establishments here include:
- Stars ‘n’ Bars
Whether you want to reward yourself with a hearty lunch or fancy dinner and enjoy a great ambience that will lighten your mood, you’ll find that experience in Yas Island.
5. It offers a range of relaxing leisure activities.
Aside from lounging on the beach or at the poolside, trying water activities, enjoying a spa day, and indulging in great eats, there are plenty of things you can do in Yas Island to de-stress and unwind.
Yas Island is home to Yas Mall, one of the biggest shopping centres in Abu Dhabi. If engaging in retail therapy is your idea of de-stressing and unwinding, you’ll have a great time here.
Watching the Dancing Fountains at night will also put you in a happy mood. While enjoying a filling dinner, light snack, or beverage of your choice, you will be awed by the world-renowned immersive water and light show.
There are several bars, cafes, and other places in and around Yas Island that feature musical artists and nightly shows that will help you relax and unwind as you indulge in your choice of food and drink.
From Yas Marina, you can also go on a luxury dhow dinner cruise. Aboard the dhow, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy a superb dinner while taking in the spectacular night-time views of the city.
With all these and more, visit Yas Island when you need to forget your worries and escape the daily grind.
Check out our Things to Do page to get a list of all relaxing and fun things you can do at Yas Island.
Updated: December 13, 2021
Getting To Yas island
Yas Express is our complimentary shuttle bus service that can get you to any of the major island attractions. For more information, timetable and map, download the pocket guide or call +971 (0) 600 511115.
- To Yas Island:
- Boarding spots are available at the Deira City Center entrance (beside Aloft Hotel) and Ibn Battuta Mall, Parking 7 stop (right in front of the China Court section).
- Within Yas Island:
- The shuttle service bus can take guests to any of the major island attractions.
- Air travel to Yas Island
- If you're coming from outside the UAE, aim to land in Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH), as it is located just 10 minutes away from Yas Island.
- Rental car to Yas Island
- From Abu Dhabi International Airport, you can rent a car. All car rental offices operate 24/7
- Connect to the Wi-Fi at Abu Dhabi International Airport and book an Uber or Careem via their apps.
- Taxis to Yas Island
- You can take a taxi to Yas Island from Abu Dhabi International Airport (10 minutes), Abu Dhabi (25 minutes), and Dubai (45 minutes). To get a taxi, you can flag them down at the roadside, call the TransAD hotline 600 535353 to book, or use the Abu Dhabi Taxi app available for both iOS and Android platforms. Taxis are plentiful and fares are reasonable.
- From Abu Dhabi:
- Board the 102 Bus Route to Yas Island at the Abu Dhabi Bus Station next to Al Wahda Mall.
- From Dubai:
- Travel to the Dubai Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to ride to the Abu Dhabi Bus Station, then board the 102 Bus Route to Yas Island.