Spring Break in Abu Dhabi: 5 Ideas for an Unforgettable Family Holiday
This three-week vacation students get in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from late March to early April is more than enough time to make beautiful memories with the family.
If you wish to plan the best spring break you and your kids would love, consider these five ideas and Abu Dhabi holiday packages that can make your vacation more fun and memorable:
1.Satisfy your need for speed at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.Nothing says fun and memorable better than theme parks, and Abu Dhabi has plenty of them.
In fact, the UAE capital is home to destinations with record-breaking attractions, like Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. This world-famous theme park on Yas Island houses the roller coaster with the tallest loop and the fastest roller coaster on the planet.
Formula Rossa holds the title of being the fastest ride of its kind, with top speeds reaching up to 240 kilometres per hour in just five seconds. Its two-kilometre track also has some of the trickiest twists and turns that will definitely get your family’s adrenaline pumping.
Just know that you and your kids would have to be between 140 and 195 centimetres tall to ride this record-breaking attraction.
Besides Formula Rossa, many Yas Island visitors also flock to the roller coaster with the highest loop in the region – Flying Aces. Named after the super ace aviator Francesco Baracca, this coaster scales 63 metres high on a 51-degree incline, only to drop from that height at speeds of up to 120 kilometres per hour.
2.Meet your heroes at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi.
If speed is not really your thing, perhaps you and your family would want a more whimsical experience, like meeting some of your favourite cartoon characters from your childhood. If that’s the case, there’s no better destination for you than Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi.
Stroll through the six ‘lands’ in the largest indoor theme park in the region and stumble across characters from some of the most famous Warner Bros. franchises today, such as:
- Superman and The Justice League in Metropolis
- Batman and his friends and foes at Gotham City
- The Flintstones in their Stone Age home in Bedrock
- The Jetsons in all their futuristic glory in Dynamite Gulch
- The Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo, and a bunch of animated characters in Cartoon Junction
All in all, the park has 29 exciting rides, shows, and attractions, 20 dining areas, and over 20 shopping destinations.
You and your family can also choose to stay at Warner Bros. World Hotel in Abu Dhabi for the most memorable and nostalgic experience ever.
3,Beat the heat at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi.
Looking for a way to beat the heat in Abu Dhabi this spring? Look no further than Yas Waterworld.
Also located on Yas Island, this Abu Dhabi water park is hailed for being an outstanding water playground. It features the most authentic Arabian water adventures in the country, and some of the most thrilling water rides, slides, and attractions in the Middle East.
Here, you’ll find rides and slides designed for the entire family – even the little ones – such as:
- Bubble Barrel
- Liwa Loop
- Jebel Drop
- Water Wars
- Cannon Point
- Bandit Bomber
- Tot’s Playground
- Marah Fortress
The best part of coming here is that you can enjoy Yas Waterworld with Warner Bros. World and/or Ferrari World in exclusive packages covering the three major Yas theme parks in Abu Dhabi. You can also enjoy group discounts for four tickets or more.
4.Fly in the largest indoor flight chamber at CLYMB Abu Dhabi.
Is your family the adventurous sort? If so, you might want to spend your children’s spring break climbing tall walls and flying in the largest indoor flight chamber on the planet; that is, CLYMB Abu Dhabi.
This adventure hub houses a state-of-the-art flight chamber powered by not just six or eight but by 16 powerful flight chamber fans. This and the fact that the structure is 32 metres high allows you to reach unimaginable heights.
Even your kids can enjoy the exhilarating experience by joining the Junior Flying Club at CLYMB Abu Dhabi. With this package, children aged three to 14 years get one-on-one coaching, access to standard flight gear, a personalised development plan, and 20 flights that can be claimed on a maximum of five flights per session.
5.Race the circuit and enjoy great food at Yas Marina.
Also found on Yas Island, Yas Marina offers once-in-a-lifetime adventures you wouldn’t want to miss. Among these is the Yas Marina Circuit, the entertainment hub and host of the annual Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Here, you and your family can experience out-of-this-world speeds and adventures with their track-day packages and sporting events. Besides being able to ride all sorts of unique vehicles, you can also race with your kids in go-karts on a newly renovated one-kilometre-long racetrack at Yas Kartzone.
Tired from all the adventures you’ve tried on Yas Island?
Yas Marina also has plenty of restaurants offering sumptuous food and different cuisines perfect for foodies and anyone who wants to embark on a gastronomic adventure.
Enjoy Spring Break to the Fullest
Opportunities to bond with people you love are rare and fleeting, so make the most of spring breaks and every chance you get to make memories with your family while you can.
Visit us on Yas Island so you and your family can enjoy your holiday in Abu Dhabi to the fullest with all the experiences and destinations presented here.
See you soon!
Getting To Yas island
Yas Express is our complimentary shuttle bus service that can get you to any of the major island attractions. For more information, timetable and map, download the pocket guide or call +971 (0) 600 511115.
- To Yas Island:
- Boarding spots are available at the Deira City Center entrance (beside Aloft Hotel) and Ibn Battuta Mall, Parking 7 stop (right in front of the China Court section).
- Within Yas Island:
- The shuttle service bus can take guests to any of the major island attractions.
- Air travel to Yas Island
- If you're coming from outside the UAE, aim to land in Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH), as it is located just 10 minutes away from Yas Island.
- Rental car to Yas Island
- From Abu Dhabi International Airport, you can rent a car. All car rental offices operate 24/7
- Connect to the Wi-Fi at Abu Dhabi International Airport and book an Uber or Careem via their apps.
- Taxis to Yas Island
- You can take a taxi to Yas Island from Abu Dhabi International Airport (10 minutes), Abu Dhabi (25 minutes), and Dubai (45 minutes). To get a taxi, you can flag them down at the roadside, call the TransAD hotline 600 535353 to book, or use the Abu Dhabi Taxi app available for both iOS and Android platforms. Taxis are plentiful and fares are reasonable.
- From Abu Dhabi:
- Board the 102 Bus Route to Yas Island at the Abu Dhabi Bus Station next to Al Wahda Mall.
- From Dubai:
- Travel to the Dubai Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to ride to the Abu Dhabi Bus Station, then board the 102 Bus Route to Yas Island.