4 Pro Tips for Planning the Best-Value, First-Rate Holiday Getaways This 2022
Yearly holidays — especially those that fall right before or after a weekend — are rare opportunities for people to get a break from work, unwind, and try new experiences. That said, you’ll likely want to make the most out of the limited time you have for your holiday vacation.
Of course, time isn’t the only thing that matters. Your money should be well spent, too, so that you can get the best value for your trip.
From planning early to seeking Abu Dhabi holiday packages, here are three pro tips you can try for the most cost-effective, first-rate holiday experience ever:
1. Always plan early.
Plane tickets, accommodation, and even some destinations increase prices the closer the travel date gets. This is why planning a trip early on is one of the oldest, most important tips pro travellers swear by.
At the very least, make sure you already know the general area where you want to go so that you can prepare your transportation.
As the days draw closer to your departure, you may be tempted to plan every little detail of your vacation. But heed our warning, and just don’t.
Planning itineraries down to the hour can leave you quite stressed out, especially if things don’t go according to plan. Instead, be flexible and leave room for changes in your vacation plans.
Remember that you’re going on the holiday trip to unwind and get a break from your busy life, not replace your source of stress with vacation planning. The key is to maintain a balance between being prepared to adapting to matters you have no control over.
2. Set a budget and buffer for unexpected expenses.
Setting a budget isn’t just meant to keep you from spending too much; it also helps maximise what you can get from your money and plan the best vacation ever.
When setting your budget, make sure you consider the following factors:
- The current average airfare for your chosen destination.
- The latest itinerary costs of travellers who go there.
- Your priorities for the trip (i.e., best accommodation, bucket-list-worthy experiences, etc.)
Research as much as you can about these considerations. If this is not possible because of time constraints, budget two to three times more than your accommodation’s per-night rate for a day’s worth of food. This formula usually works well for most budget travels.
And don’t forget to include a buffer for unexpected costs, which should be at least 10% of your total budget. This can cover medical emergencies, unplanned expenses, or even happy accidents, like being invited to an event you didn’t plan for.
3. Book plane tickets early on a private browser.
Booking plane tickets early not only saves you money but also ensures that you get a seat before the flight gets sold out. Cheap, last-minute flights are quite rare, so don’t hold your breath for a holiday miracle.
Instead, book your ticket within three weeks to four months of your departure date or as soon as you decide on a destination. Studies show that Tuesday and Wednesday flights are also more affordable than other days of the week.
Also, try to search flight tickets using a private or incognito browser. This not only keeps the prices in your preferred currency, but it could also help you save money on plane tickets.
According to seasoned travellers, airfare varies depending on the strength of your local currency. That means if you pretend to be in another country with a relatively weaker currency, you can book a much cheaper flight compared to more developed countries like the United Kingdom or the United States.
4. Look for best-value packages suited for your trip.
Whether you’re going alone, with family, or with a friend, look for some best-value packages for your trip. It could be a combination of two or more of the following primary aspects of a vacation:
- Transportation (e.g., bus fare, shuttle, or plane tickets)
- Accommodation (e.g., hotels, vacation rentals, etc.)
- Foods and drinks (can be included in accommodation)
- Activities (e.g., museums, theme parks, etc.)
Planning to spend a holiday in Abu Dhabi?
Here are some Yas Island offers and packages you wouldn’t want to miss:
Stay & Play
With this package, you and your travel companions can stay at one of many amazing hotels in Yas Island and experience one, two, or three world-renowned theme parks. For 2022, each of the theme parks will offer a unique seasonal experience.
Meanwhile, the Stay & Play package includes:
- Accommodation at a hotel of your choice (choose among W Hotel Abu Dhabi, Yas Plaza Hotels, and Hilton Abu Dhabi).
- Access to any one park per night booked with the accommodation (choose among Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, and Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi).
- Complimentary access to Yas Beach.
Experience First-Rate Value-Added Fun
Beautiful experiences and memories of great places we’ve been to stay with us longer than material things, so investing in a holiday trip or two could really be worth your while.
If you’re planning one today, look no further than Yas Island for the ultimate first-rate, value-added experiences.
Visit our website to book a stay and enjoy an experience of your choice this 2022.
Getting To Yas island
Yas Express is our complimentary shuttle bus service that can get you to any of the major island attractions. For more information, timetable and map, download the pocket guide or call +971 (0) 600 511115.
- To Yas Island:
- Boarding spots are available at the Deira City Center entrance (beside Aloft Hotel) and Ibn Battuta Mall, Parking 7 stop (right in front of the China Court section).
- Within Yas Island:
- The shuttle service bus can take guests to any of the major island attractions.
- Air travel to Yas Island
- If you're coming from outside the UAE, aim to land in Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH), as it is located just 10 minutes away from Yas Island.
- Rental car to Yas Island
- From Abu Dhabi International Airport, you can rent a car. All car rental offices operate 24/7
- Connect to the Wi-Fi at Abu Dhabi International Airport and book an Uber or Careem via their apps.
- Taxis to Yas Island
- You can take a taxi to Yas Island from Abu Dhabi International Airport (10 minutes), Abu Dhabi (25 minutes), and Dubai (45 minutes). To get a taxi, you can flag them down at the roadside, call the TransAD hotline 600 535353 to book, or use the Abu Dhabi Taxi app available for both iOS and Android platforms. Taxis are plentiful and fares are reasonable.
- From Abu Dhabi:
- Board the 102 Bus Route to Yas Island at the Abu Dhabi Bus Station next to Al Wahda Mall.
- From Dubai:
- Travel to the Dubai Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to ride to the Abu Dhabi Bus Station, then board the 102 Bus Route to Yas Island.